Saturday, January 18, 2014

4:51 AM

where do you go
when i frighten you away
you see anger coursing through my veins?
i see bricks i am unpacking
you think i'll throw them at you
but they aren't for you
or from you
i'm unpacking
i don't want to drop them on your toes
or burden you with their weight
you two inspire me
to lighten my load
lighter and lighter
till i float
but not away
just free
free of bricks
does my shadow move differently to you?
Do I offer love while my shadow declares war?
what do you see?
what you say I feel, i don't
it doesn't mean i can't hear you
i just mean, no love
if you peek intto my heart
then stay for the whole show
maybe it seems like anger
when you can't see the third act
but here, inside me
it's warm with love
not hot with anger

sometimes there is anger,
sometimes there is frustration
but I don't stay there
I don't take a bath in it
I don't marinate in it
I'm trying
trying to move forward and away
searching for other feels
timidly hopeful feels
and
whenever we
the three
are together
i am a sponge
soak yous up
and do my best to not hurt my sacred yous
with old bricks
just tender touches
with timidly hopeful fingertips
so wherever you are
wherever you go
please know
i miss you
i love you
sometimes i'm clumsy
sometimes i'm deaf
sometimes i'm lame
and a lot of times i don't understand and i need you desperately to explain things to me
but i'm always
going to TRY

No comments:

Post a Comment