Friday, January 10, 2014

Orpheus

My name is Orpheus
And I am brave enough
To face the underworld
I have charm enough
To bend Hades heart

My name is Orpheus
Do I have faith enough
To see us through
Cause I wasn't scared
Till I got in this tunnel
With you

Love sent me down here
It taught my tongue the words
Our tale a true one
Our love a true one too

My name is Orpheus
Do I have faith enough
To see us through

I know you're behind me
I know you're behind me
Then the darkness eats away
All the courage
All the brave

Cause I can't hear your foot falls
And I wasn't scared till
I got in this tunnel with you

There's no fear
when you have nothing to lose
Now I have to choose
Do I look back
Will you be there

Behind me dead men hiss
They tell me I'm wrong
Need just one kiss
To keep me strong

But no kisses
No hugs
No words
No sound
Just a promise in my pocket from before this hell

I choose to fight forward
Every step a choice
Because I know
At least he'll be free
But past that threshold
There's no guarantee
That he'll want me

I am Orpheus
You think you know my tale
But this time
I won't fail

- Spring 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment